John plays basketball

 SRS / LIFESTYLE

 John plays basketball with his mother at the 'P&G Thank You MOM'



It was indeed a heartfelt moment to see Bollywood heartthrob John Abraham take his mom  Firoza Irani back to school and fulfil her long forgotten dream of ‘basketball coaching’ in Mumbai.  

Firoza Irani was emotional and expressed appreciation for her son for making her dream come true. As a part of P&G’s ‘Thank you Mom’ initiative, John along with his gorgeous mother called out to thousands of children in Mumbai to help their moms realize their lost dreams. The idea for the campaign stems from the research “P&G Thank You, Mom, What Moms Want”, which states that 87% of moms, who were surveyed, communicated their wish to experiment new things in life. The survey brought to fore facts about mom’s unfulfilled dreams, her not having enough time to pursue her own dreams as children took priority in life. Given this, P&G as part of its globally acclaimed campaign Thank You, Mom has beckoned children to take out time and help mothers pursue her dreams.
Firoza Irani expressed her appreciation for John’s gesture and said “I have always wanted for both my boys to have the best education and I am happy that they are successful and recognized individuals in their own spaces.  They were the focus of my life and all their dreams became my own but it was all completely worth it. In the process I did forget my dream of playing basketball again. Today I recollect my days as a basketball coach and I am spellbound seeing John make my dream come true. It is the happiest moment of my life” John Abraham shared a lot of his childhood experiences and was grateful for all the sacrifices she made for his brother and himself, making them the successful people they are today. His stories resonated what children across the country would relate with of a mother’s sacrifice, of a mother always putting her children ahead of herself and mothers lacking time to pursue their own dreams.
Commenting on the occasion John said “My mom has been my friend, my confidant and a source of strength. P&G Thank You Mom campaign has influenced me and I made it a part of my conscious self now, to make sure I express my gratitude to my mother as often as I can, as saying Thank You Mom seems like the best thing I can now say”.  He continued emotionally, to quote “This campaign has compelled me to think and realize that yes, my mom has sacrificed a lot of her dreams to make my dream of being an actress come true. This is really the time to make an attempt to fulfil my mother’s long forgotten dream of going back to school with her favourite sport basketball. I am really thankful to P&G ‘Thank you Mom’ for making this happen.”
This year, Thank You Mom aims to make children realise about their mom’s wishes and wants them to fulfil it. After all the sacrifices a mom does for her children, the best way to thank her is by realising her own dream.
To learn more, consumers can visit http://www.facebook.com/ThankYouMomIndia?fref=ts

About P&G
P&G is one of the largest and amongst the fastest growing consumer products companies in India. Its presence pans across the Beauty & Grooming segment, the Household Care segment as well as the Health & Well Being segment, with trusted brands that are household names across India. These include Vicks, Ariel, Tide, Whisper, Olay, Gillette, Ambipur, Pampers, Pantene, Oral-B, Head & Shoulders, Wella and Duracell. P&G operates under three entities in India, two listed entities ‘Procter & Gamble Hygiene & Health care Limited’ and ‘Gillette India Limited’, as well as one 100% subsidiary of the parent company in the U.S. called ‘Procter & Gamble Home Products Limited’. Please visit www.pg-india.com for further details.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

सभी माओं को सुष्मिता सेन का संदेश: अब 'हाँ' अधिक बार कहिये

World’s 1st Tech-Enabled Courier Papers N Parcels Launched by 13-year-old Tilak Mehta

''Sepia'' to be screened at MAMI