Manasi Rachh learns to sew for Eros Now’s Hindmata

by Shrutee K/DNS

Hindmata recently released on Eros Now and Actor Manasi Rachh is glad with the response her character has garnered. The series is set in a fictitious women's prison called Hindmata where Manasi plays the character of Sudha Nath, who is in prison on charges of sedition.


Manasi has portrayed 
various shades of a woman from being a straightforward girl in Mujhse Fraandship karoge, to a tomboy for student of the year, to a fearless hacker for 24 season 2 and then a lesbian girl who musters courage to come out of the closet for Its not that Simple season 2. She performs each character with passion and tries to give it her best. She never shies away from honing her talent and learning new things for the character; be it learning to cycle and swim for SOTY or learning to sew for Hindmata.

Ask Manasi and she quips, “Yes, I learnt to use the sewing machine for the series as we had a few scenes where we needed to stitch garments or at least act so . As you can see in the video, I am not a pro but at the same time I like to learn and have fun while doing the same”.“Also, for the part where I stand for elections in the prison, I did a lot of referencing. A few scenes needed me to be very driven and vocal about certain issues. So, I saw videos of a lot of women politicians in the parliament and even social activists. I studied their body language during rallies and also how these women expressed themselves in public. This helped me etch out my character with a lot more precision”, she further adds.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

सभी माओं को सुष्मिता सेन का संदेश: अब 'हाँ' अधिक बार कहिये

World’s 1st Tech-Enabled Courier Papers N Parcels Launched by 13-year-old Tilak Mehta

Mayor praises the footballing talent of Mumbai as he announces young stars will travel to London