Gillette celebrates the nationwide campaign with Cricketers and Bollywood Stars

LIFESTYLE

Dad Salim Khan & cricketer dad N. Ravichandran were seen reminiscing as they talked about 
memories of their sons’ 
first bike ride to their first shave

Cricketers Rahul Dravid & R. Ashwin along with Director Arbaaz Khan come together to celebrate their role models as part of 
Gillette’s national initiative



~Dads along with their sons from across the country joined the celebration to attempt 
to set a new Limca record~



Mumbai, June 17, 2014: The nation-wide ‘Because You Are A Role Model’ initiative by Gillette, which encouraged cricketers and men across the country to be role models for the younger generation by displaying their inner steel values, successfully culminated with support and encouragement from cricketers and film personalities of all ages. The initiative was kick started by Brand Ambassador Rahul Dravid and carried forward by cricketer dads Anil Kumble, K. SrikkanthJavagal Srinath, Ajit WadekarVenkatesh Prasad and VVS Laxman also joined the initiative along with their sons.

The celebration event saw the largest gathering of dad-son duos shaving together and reminiscing their first shave stories in support of the initiative. In an attempt to set a new record, celebrity dad-son duos like – R. Ashwin and Arbaaz Khan along with their fathers N. Ravichandran and Salim Khan also shaved on stage along with 40 other dads and sons to highlight the importance of the clean shaven look for a role model. The celebrities also shared stories of their first shave experience, which was indeed their graduation from boyhood to manhood for which they will always be grateful to their role models, their dads who always stood beside them in their first moments of shaving or cricket.
Rahul Dravid’s perseverance to follow through tough tests with integrity and nothing but passion and love for the sport he has been a part of, has set an excellent example to follow.


R. Ashwin, who represents the youth of the nation, is a role model to young men across the nation. Leading by example, which is an undertone of the on-going ‘Because You Are a Role Model’ initiative by Gillette, reinforces the role of the brand that promises and strives to deliver the best for 800 million men every day for over 100 years.  Gillette defines inner steel as passion for winning and doing the right thing with integrity. It’s this unfailing courage to go further to perform the best which is at the heart of the brands history and has inspired game-changing innovation, product superiority and enduring success over the years including Fusion, MACH3, Vector, Guard etc.
Brand Ambassador Rahul ‘The Wall’ Dravid said, “I was fortunate to kick start this initiative with my former teammates and feel ecstatic when I look back at the journey and such a successful finale. I along with Gillette wanted to send a message to my fellow cricketers that as a role model whatever you do will set a precedent for behavior amongst the youth and men of the nation. My father is my role model from whom I imbibed the values of integrity and honesty which I will pass on to my son. He was the one who held my hand and taught me to shave and encouraged me to be clean shaven as he believed that as a role model, my fans will look up to me and replicate both my look and actions. I am glad to be a part of the Gillette family which enables young men across the country to graduate from boyhood to manhood as over the years, I have graduated from using Gillette razors like MACH 3 to the latest innovation - Gillette India Engraved Fusion razor.”
Cricket’s rising star R. Ashwin also said, “My father was the one who encouraged my passion for cricket by giving me my first bat and also teaching me to score my first run. While growing up, he also encouraged me to get ahead in life only by doing it the right way. For teaching me this, I am grateful and I’m sure this principle will serve me well through life’s journey. As a young cricketer I feel honored to see that 81% Dads believe cricketers are role models for their sons*It is important to keep in mind that as cricketers as well as dads, we are role models to the nation’s youth and need to embody the right values for them. I agree and support this brilliant & much needed initiative by Gillette asking cricketers to be role models and showcase inner steel values.”

Agreeing with Ashwin, Actor & Director Arbaaz Khan added, “My father is my role model as he has imbibed in my brothers and me, the value of integrity which is what Gillette’s Because You Are A Role Model’ initiative is all about. My father was my guide and encouraged me to take my first steps in Bollywood. He was the one who ran behind my bike, taught me to standup after my first fall and also guided me with my first shave. In fact my dad always told us brothers to stay grounded no matter how much spotlight and success we achieve. One mustn’t let the glare of fame or popularity get to them at any time which could lead to un-role model like behavior. As an actor and director, our fans are part of who we are and so we must do everything in our power to engage and influence them in the right way be it looks or behaviour.” 
To honor the ‘Inner Steel’ displayed by men on and off the field for their team’s colors, Gillette has launched special edition INDIA engraved Razors that proudly displays the country’s name and colors. The Gillette Fusion and Gillette Mach 3 razors will serve as a daily affirmation of a nation that stands proudly behind its players - wearing their colours on the outside, their Inner Steel within. The Gillette Fusion special edition razor includes a range of features designed to enhance comfort and precision while shaving. These include:
·         Stylish design: With the orange and blue finish, the colours resemble the team colours. Also, the India engraved handle showcases a fan’s dedication for the team.
         5 Blade Shaving Surface: Gillette Fusion features a breakthrough 5 blade Shaving Surface™ technology on the front of the shaving cartridge. The blades are spaced 30 percent* closer together than MACH3 blades. The Precision Trimmer™ blade built into the back of the cartridge, allow men to easily trim sideburns, shave under the nose and shape facial hair.
         An Enhanced Indicator Lubrastrip: infused with Vitamin E and Aloe:  fades from green to white, signaling when optimal shave conditions have been reduced.     
The special edition INDIA engraved razors are available in 2 models in the market - Gillette FUSION at INR 299/- and MACH3 at INR 109/-
*Based on research conducted by Nielsen in 2014 amongst 600 respondents in India across Mumbai, Delhi, Kolkata, Chennai, Bengaluru and Hyderabad.
About Procter & Gamble India - P&G serves approximately 4.8 billion people around the world with operations in approximately 70 countries worldwide. P&G is one of the largest and amongst the fastest growing consumer products companies in India. Its presence pans across the Beauty & Grooming segment, the Household Care segment as well as the Health & Well Being segment, with trusted brands that are household names across India. These include Vicks ®, Ariel®, Tide®, Whisper®, Olay®, Gillette®, AmbiPur®, Pampers®, Pantene®, Oral-B®, Head & Shoulders®, Wella® and Duracell®. P&G operates through 3 entities in India of which 2 are listed on NSE & BSE. The listed P&G entities are: ‘Procter & Gamble Hygiene & Health Care Limited’ and ‘Gillette India Limited’, whereas the unlisted entity (which is a 100% subsidiary of the parent company in the U.S) operates by the name ‘Procter & Gamble Home Products Ltd.’ Please visit http://www.pg-India.com for the latest news and in-depth information about P&G India, its brands and corporate social responsibility program Shiksha.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

सभी माओं को सुष्मिता सेन का संदेश: अब 'हाँ' अधिक बार कहिये

World’s 1st Tech-Enabled Courier Papers N Parcels Launched by 13-year-old Tilak Mehta

Mayor praises the footballing talent of Mumbai as he announces young stars will travel to London