Rishabh, Urvashi claim top prize in SFA Swimming
by Shrutee K/DNS
Mumbai: Rishabh Pillai of Father Agnel School, Vashi and Urvashi Bharia of DPS, Nerul stole the limelight in the swimming event of Sports For All, powered by Byju's here on Monday.
Pillai stunned his opponents by finishing the Boys' U-16 100 m freestyle in 1:00.22 mins, to pocket the gold medal. Smt. Sulochanadevi Singhania School's Kalpit Singh completed the swin in 1:00.46 mins to win the silver medal, while Pranav Jayswal of St. Anthony's Convent School secured the bronze place after he clocked a time of 1:23.04 mins.
Pillai's medal haul at the Prabodhankar Thackeray Krida Sankul continued in the Boys' U-16 100 m backstroke event as he went on to win the gold medal for his efforts of 1:09.57 mins. It was Kalpit Singh again who was on his trail and finished second with a time 1:15.35 mins. Prayag Jaiswal of Don Bosco, Matunga clinched the bronze medal after he regiatered a time of 1:21.35 mins.
DPS, Nerul's Urvashi Bharia underlined her supremacy in the Girls' U-16 200 m individual medley event. She finished the swim with an impressive time of 2:54.30 mins to corner the top prize. Alexandra Girls School's Rabiya Darvesh gave her a tough fight and secured the silver medal with a time of 2:59.55 mins and Ayushi Ganatra of Lodha World School took home the bronze medal after she registered a time of 3:21.48 mins.
In the Girls' U-16 100 m Freestyle event, however, Urvashi was pushed to the 2nd place by Rabiya who clocked a phenomenal 1:08.37 mins to win the gold medal. Urvashi clocked 1:09.16 and Tanya Shroff of Shardashram Vidyamandir won the bronze medal who took 1:15.53 mins to complete the challenge.
Elsewhere, at the University of Mumbai Sports Complex, Kalina, in the basketball finals, the U-14 Girls of Awami Girls High School (Govandi) earned a stellar victory by defeating the girls of Goregaon Pahadi English Medium BMC School 12-5. Young athletes of Fatima High School defeated the girls from Unnat Nagar BMC Hindi School 14-7 to claim the 3rd position.
Boys' U-16 100 m Freestyle
1. Rishabh Pillai (Fr. Agnel Vashi) 1:00.22
2. Kalpit Singh (Sulochanadevi Singhania) 1:00.46
3. Pranav Jayswal (St. Anthony's Convent) 1:23.04
Boys' Under-16 100 m Backstroke
1. Rishabh Pillai (Fr. Agnel Vashi) 1:09.57
2. Kalpit Singh (Sulochanadevi Singhania) 1:15.35
3. Prayag Jaiswal (Don Bosco, Matunga) 1:21.35
Girls' U-16 200 m Individual Medley
1. Urvashi Bharia (DPS Nerul) 2:54.30
2. Rabiya Darvesh (Alexandra Girls School) 2:59.55
3. Ayushi Ganatra (Lodha World School) 3:21.48
Girls' U-16 100 m Freestyle
1. Rabiya Darvesh (Alexandra Girls School) 1:08.37
2. Urvashi Bharia (DPS Nerul) 1:09.16
3. Tanya Shroff (Shardashram Vidyamandir) 1:15.53
U-14 Girls' 3rd Place
Fatima High School bt Unnat Nagar BMC Hindi School 14-7
Awami Girls High School, Govandi bt Goregaon Pahadi English Medium BMC School 12-5
U-15 Boys' (-48kg weight category)
1. Yash Nanaware (Gurukul Educational Institution)
2. Pratik Kadam (St. Peter's High School)
3. Ved Wadyalkar (GCC International School)
U-15 Boys' (+58 weight category)
1. Parth Sharma (SL Porwal English medium High School)
2. Suhaan Bhaidani (GCC International School)
3. Aryan Yewale (Parle Tilak Vidyalaya)